Hello:

I ran into some troubles when trying to install lyx in my Macbook Pro.

As suggested in the LyX/Mac wiki page, prior to installing lyx I installed
finx (Fink 0.9.0 Binary Installer (PowerPC) from the following webpage:
http://www.finkproject.org/download/index.php?phpLang=en). It seems that
everything was installed just fine. After that, I installed lyx, but I got
an error. This is the report that I got:

1. Removing obsolete files ....
... Done removing obsolete files.

2. Testing to see if old LyX user's folder should be moved to new location
... Done moving LyX user's directory to new location.

3. (No preferences file found at ~/Library/'Application Support'/LyX-1.5/.)

4. Installing default LyX templates ....
• Successfully copied default templates to new user's directory
... Done installing default LyX templates.

5. Installing LyX's special LaTeX files ....
• Found TeX installation at .
• Local TeX directory set to ~/Library/texmf.
• Installed LyX's additional LaTeX .cls and .sty files.

*** ERROR: Cannot run texhash command. Please run manually.

... Done.

I don´t know hot to run texhash manually. I am a new user to both Mac and
Latex, so you can image that I do not know what to do!!! Anyways, lyx seems
to be working fine, but I don´t know if the above error will cause any
problems in the future.

I would be most grateful if you can help me with this issue.

Regards,

* Fernando Díaz H., Ph.D.*
Assistant Professor of Finance
School of Economics and Managerial Sciences
Universidad de los Andes
(56 2) 412-9650
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Avda. San Carlos de Apoquindo 2200, Las Condes,
Santiago
Chile