On Sep 10, 2008, at 2:48 AM, G. Milde wrote:

Maybe it's a font issue (the validator not knowing the CM latex fonts)?

Nope. I used Ernesto's example file w/ pdflatex and it worked as I described.

The problem would seem to be w/ the .pdf generated by Ghostscript since he's using dvips.

So prefix it w/ the following step:

- take the source .ps file from dvips and distill it in Adobe Acrobat Distiller (instead of Ghostscript --- there should be an option to save a copy of the .ps) using the appropriate .joboptions file which matches your colour model (e.g., PDF/A-1b:2005 (CMYK)

Or switch to using pdflatex.

William

--
William Adams