Just in first days of trying to learn to use JabRef/Lyx on Windows Vista
with Word 2007.
Trying to output and I get the error message that says ensure lyx is running
(it is) and that the lyxpipe is valid (don't know how to do that).

Secondly, have downloaded some references from medline, and when I try to
save it says:

Error in field 'institution': The # character is not allowed in BibTeX
fields.
In JabRef, use pairs of # characters to indicate a string.
Note that the entry causing the problem has been selected.

Correct the entry, and reopen editor to display/edit source.

But I can't find the "institution" field, where's it hidden

the entry screen for optional fields for example doesn't list it, and it's
not scrollable, so ???

Cheers,
Russell J. Wilson
Wanganui, New Zealand