Dear all,
I am an author of an accepted paper in 2008 International Symposium on
Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (ISPA 2008).
Papers belong to the class ieeetran. They add some modifications using the
latex8.sty.
I used the latex8.sty provided by the conference website. Normally, the
header numbers must be arabic , however I have a problem with this detail.
In fact, section numbering still in roman.
I looked for other latex commands providing arabic head numbers such as:

\RequirePackage{titlesec}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  {}\relax
\titlespacing{\section}{0pt}{12pt}{12pt}

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  {0.5em}{}\relax
\titlespacing{\subsection}{0pt}{11pt}{11pt}

and

\RequirePackage{titlesec}
\titleformat{\section}{%
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
\titlespacing{\section}{0pt}{12pt}{12pt}

\titleformat{\subsection}{%
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
\titlespacing{\subsection}{0pt}{11pt}{11pt}

But these codes gave me errors during compilation.
NB: I use lyx editor.

Can you please help me to get arabic header numbers for sections and
susections.
Best regards
Jihene