Hello,
I am a new LyX user, and I am really enjoying it! Thanks to all the developers!

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to get a specific TeX command that LyX does not recognize to display as some sort of non-ERT.

To make that clearer, I'll tell you my issue:
In the preamble, I have (using kerning and other commands I copied online) defined \dbar to be a d crossed at the top, like \hbar. LyX, of course, recognizes neither \dbar nor the code underneath it, although it looks great in the pdf output. It would be nice (although not necessary) if there was some way I could tell LyX to display \dbar as just a plain "d" instead of ERT, or even better, as a bold or non-italicized (in math mode) "d".

I've looked a little through the archives, and I didn't see anything there that looked like this question, but if it has already been answered, please point me to it!

thanks,
Wendell