Hi, preparing some texts in elder Saxon (Low German) language, I want to add explanation about pronunciation with IPA characters in output (pdf).

LyX has utf-8 input possibility, it works well with German umlaute (ä, ü, ö, ß), but if you input real IPA characters like

ɸ ɣ χ ɟ ɑ ʃ

it will not work. Instead you get

LyX: latex errors
Package imputenc error: Unicode char \u8: not set up for use with LaTeX

Can anybody tell me, what to configure in document settings and preamble or wherever to be able to input IPA characters and get them in output?

joachim

--
MacTeX - TeXLive 2007 - TeXShop 2.14-svn (2.14)
also LyX/Mac 1.5.6 on MacBook Pro with OSX 10.4.11 Tiger