Wolfgang Engelmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> I try to get the latest 1.5 lyx under debian and entered
> in /etc/apt/sources.list
> # Testing
> deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/emiscabpo/lyx15-bpo/

> but synaptic does not like this line.

Instead of third-party extensions you might be safer with mixing
Debian/stable with Debian/testing. Add e.g.

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

> I also tried to update texlive et Co., but the latest version is 2005

Debian/testing provides texlive 2007 und LyX 1.5.6

apt will make sure that all dependencies are met.

If you do not want an "update orgy", ensure that the "update all
packages to latest version" feature is turned off.

good luck

Günter