Yes thanks, I guess that is what I was after. However for some reason
if I try and modify the binding with the gui LyX always crashes when I
try and restart it  the settings are lost.

I wondered if my mac.bind file was too out of date so I copied the
binding from /Applications/LyX-1.6.0rc3.app/Contents/Resources/bind

This however seems to be for LyX 1.4 and despite containing the line
\bind "C-Return"                "newline-insert newline"

if I do a Command-Return nothing still happens.

Do you know where I can get an up to date bind file? Any idea why LyX
should crash each time I try and change which bind file I use or its
settings?

Cheers,

Chris.

Re: ? break-paragraph-keep-layout in LyX 1.6 \\

Guenter Milde
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 06:24:50 -0700

Christopher Reeve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> I frequently used the break-line (or break-paragraph-keep-layout?)
> shortcut in LyX 1.5 when writing notes etc. The shortcut was
> Command-Return (on my mac). This basically inserted a "\\" command
> that looks like a small return arrow in LyX.

This is the LyX-function newline-insert.

(It does not start a new paragraph, only a new line.)

break-paragraph-keep-layout was bound to Alt-CR and e.g. kept the nesting
level when starting a new paragraph.

hope this helps