I have tried to make a clean install of RC5: I have uninstalled RC5; I have
renamed my ApplicationData/Lyx16 folder to Lyx16old and erased the lyx keys
from the registry HKCU and HKLM. I have then reinstalled RC5 using Uwe's
installer. I cannot start Lyx anymore. I get the following error:

LyX : reconfigure le rÃ(c)pertoire utilisateur
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Program Files/LyX 1.6.0rc5/bin/../Resources/configure.py", line
11, i
n <module>
    import sys, os, re, shutil, glob
  File "C:\Program Files\LyX 1.6.0rc5\bin\lib\os.py", line 63, in <module>
    import ntpath as path
  File "C:\Program Files\LyX 1.6.0rc5\bin\lib\ntpath.py", line 11, in
<module>
    import genericpath
ImportError: No module named genericpath
LyX: TerminÃ(c) !
LayoutFileList::Read: unable to find textclass file  `'. Exiting.

I observe that the config folder Application Data/lyx16 is created but
remains empty after the installation and launch of RC5.

I will then restore RC3 using the saved config folder and registry keys.

If you have an idea about this problem, I would be happy to hear it.

Best regards,

Murat

PS. I use XP SP3 French

--
*** NEW UNIVERSITY, NEW ADDRESS ! ***

Prof. Murat Yildizoglu
Université Paul Cézanne (Aix-Marseille 3)
GREQAM (UMR CNRS 6579)
Centre de la Vieille Charité
2, rue de la Charité
13236 Marseille cedex 02