I inserted a bunch of figures into a lyx document, using graphic files (png) that were temporarily located on my desktop (after performing many snapshots). I did this for like 10 files. I inserted these figures using Insert>graphic>browse ... etc.

Now, I would like to delete those graphic pictures from my desktop, to clean things up. But I would really want my document to keep the figures. Is there any way that LyX can automatically "import" or "move" the figures used in my document to the same directory I the .lyx file is placed so that it keeps them when I then delete them from my desktop?

I really hope I don't have to do this manually, i.e. moving each file and renaming the graphics location inserts in my .lyx document... That would be a major pain!

I'd appreciate any help/suggestion.

BTW: I use 1.5.6 on a Mac OS Leopard.

-Ivan