On Nov 12, 2008, at 7:35 PM, Bennett Helm wrote:

My guess is that you have a mac.bind file in your user's directory
somewhere. The mac.bind file distributed with 1.6 (in
LyX.app/Contents/Resources/bind) is correct.

Note, by the way, that LyX > Preferences > Editing > Shortcuts allows
you to modify keybindings without resorting to editing .bind files.

Bennett

Yes, let me second that. I had modified my mac.bind file. When I used LyX 1.6 initially I had problems precisely with selecting text using SHIFT with the Left and Right cursor.

I then extracted the changes I had made to my mac.bind file and inserted them back into the new bind file (inside the LyX package bundle; right click on LyX application in the finder and select "Show Package content") which I copied into the bind subdirectory inside my LyX's Library directory.

It was advertised in the new release though, that old bind files may not work properly with the upgrade.

This may happen to a lot of people, so i thought it was worth repeating my experience.

-Ivan