> However, it WORKS for me (with or without the full path to lyxeditor,
>> or with the LyX preference in Skim) when Shift-Option-Command-click in
>> Skim (instead of Option-Click).
>
> Actually, only Shift-Command-Click (without Option) is needed.
> It is documented on the Skim Wiki, but the Help is wrong. I reported it
> to Skim.
>
> /Konrad

Thanks, that works! I thought I had tried out all the two-modifier
combinations...
Incidentally, it is also possible to use the option
pdflatex -synctex=1 $$i
for the latex to pdf converter in LyX.
For this, you need a recent TeX distribution, e.g. TeXlive 2008.
This removes the need of \usepackage{pdfsync} in the preamble and lets
you keep a "pure" LaTeX source. Skim supports inverse searching with
synctex, I tested it.
cheers, Nils