Micha wrote:
I trying to get a document with no page numbers and for some reason it's just
not working.

both
\pagestyle{empty}
\thispagestyle{empty}

seem to be ignored.

Any idea on where to look for the culprit?
the document style is article, bibtex and amstex are in use. The document is
both hebrew and english

thanks

\thispagestyle{empty} works for me (1.7svn, article, hebrew and english, but no bibtex or amstex). Note that the command has to be in ERT on the specific page, not in the preamble (which is obvious, given that it's for a specific page --- but I think I once had trouble because of that ;) ). Besides the ERT, I also set the Document->Settings...->Page Layout->Heading style to "empty" --- I'm not sure if both are necessary or not...

HTH!
Dov