I have changed the numbering of the enumerate environment by inserting the
following into the LaTeX preamble:
\renewcommand{\labelenumi}{\Roman{enumi}.}

\renewcommand{\labelenumii}{\Alph{enumii}.}

\renewcommand{\labelenumiii}{\arabic{enumiii}.}

\renewcommand{\labelenumiv}{\alph{enumiv}.)}

(This is the example from the Additional Features Manual)

The enumerated list looks great, but when I want to cross-reference one of
the points, the label does not coincide with the new numbering scheme.  Can
anyone help me fix this?  I have attached an example LyX file and pdf
output.

I am using Lyx 1.6.0 on Windows XP, with MiKTeX 2.5.

Pete