Eberhard Lisse wrote:

All in all it makes work at the practice so impossible that I have had to switch back to 1.5.7 for the time being, but I'll continue to play with 1.6.0 at home.

Hello Eberhard,

There are a number of session management bugs in Mac, some of them will
be fixed in 1.6.1. There is a work-around your problem though:

In Preferences/Look&Feel/User Interface:

1) Click on 'Clear all Session...'
2) Uncheck 'Allow saving/restoring...'
3) optionally Uncheck 'Open documents in tabs

Then copy the file /usr/share/lyx/ui/default.ui (or in
/usr/local/share/) in your local directory '~/.lyx/ui/' and modify it
following your taste. You may also need to copy the other files in the global 'lyx/ui/' directory.

Abdel.