Am 01.12.2008 um 18:59 schrieb James Sutherland:

I have a parent document where I have defined macros. In the child document, I have used the macro.

The compiled output (either from the child, or the parent), is fine. However, the LyX preview for the equations using macros is not correct. The macros are not expanded when the preview is generated.

I thought that this was supported in LyX 1.6 (macros defined in parent, used in child). Am I mistaken?

No, the preview does not support that (yet). I remember that I looked into this problem. At that time there was a technical reason that this very hard to implement, although I do not remember anymore why.

Stefan