Joost Verburg wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
But when I install the Lyx (both the standard version or the alternative installer), the installer will *automatically* change this option to "Yes". (it seems very strange)

I hope that the installer informs you before doing this change and that the old config is restored back.

The standard installer doesn't change this setting. MiKTeX's default is "Ask me first" and it provides an option to change this on the window that is displayed when the first package is installed.

Joost

Ok, I think the alternative installer changes this setting...