Am 06.12.2008 um 15:23 schrieb Erez Yerushalmi:

Hi Tommaso,

Thanks for your mail, and for the time you spent writing it!

LyX is really a good tool for me, especially because I have
horrible/unorganized writing.
So, I actually work-out all the math directly with LyX.

What I liked about your video was that I could "find and replace" math. Sometimes/many times, I change my mind and decide to call a parameter with a
different name.
But LyX 1.6 doesn't seem to be able (yet) to do it.
I have no problems with actual text, just the math.

You know math macros? It's exactly for this kind of thing when you do not know the final notation yet. You can insert a math macro definition using the "\foo :=" button the extra-toolbar, and insert an instance using \yourmacroname in the math editor.

Stefan