Hi José,

in general, I very much enjoyed the overall energy that went into the release.
Especially our new developers (and I note that many of them come from the Win
world) contributed fresh ideas and made LyX 1.6 a very worthy release. I really
enjoy working with this release.
Also, from what I see in the young 1.6.x cycle, 1.6.0 seems to be relatively
stable, given the loads of new features and core revisions that went into it.

Also, I think you did a very good job, never discouraging anybody from
contributing their ideas.

The only thing I'd propose to change (and here is the "maintainer" in me
speaking): we could be a bit more rigid if some stage in the development cycle
is reached, starting some more rigid "bug fixing only"
stage eventually. Secondly, I think that we should reconsider the meaning of
the term "release candidate" :-) In my opinion, a release candidate is
something that is really intended to be released as a final version, if no
really crucial problem occurs while testing it.

All only my 2¢, of course.

Jürgen