Hello -

I have a rather circuitous issue.  I'm a grad student.  My advisor is
generally a word guy but has agreed to use LyX at my request.  He's followed
the installation instructions multiple times (I've watched).  However, when
he double-clicks on the LyX listing in the Applications folder, we see the
icon fly-out (indicating to me that Mac has started the program) but it
never shows up, either on the screen or in the active-apps sidebar.  I would
troubleshoot this myself, but I'm a Linux/Windows guy and have no knowledge
of Macs.

So, where do I start?

Mac OS: 10.3.9
LyX Ver: 1.6.1