>> I read in the LaTeX Companion that "multibib" via the "\newsites" command
>> should have this feature. But it is not compatible with biblatex.
>>
>> So what can I do: (a) I need author/year style but (b) have many url
>> references which happen to have just 3 fields: title, url and urldate.
>
> I'd suggest to use a key (short title) for the url references. Mixing author-
> year and numerical is probably a bad idea anyway.

Thank you, Jürgen. That really helped! I didn't know that biblatex will take
the shorttitle field whenever author and year are absent!

What I've done:
1. I changed the type from all my website references in my JabRef database
from "misc" to "electronic".
2. I added to these entries - as you suggested ­ a new field "shorttitle"
3. I told biblatex to generate 2 bibliographies: one for printing literature
and one for type "electronic" for my web resources.

To get a visual clue for the reader I used for electronic references a cite
style without parentheses and added square brackets manually.

Again thanks! You really saved me, because the report is due on 7th January.
Peter