rgheck wrote:
> Martin Görg wrote:
>> When I have two documents open and I close one of them using Ctrl-w,
>> then I cannot input anything into the remaining document with the
>> keyboard. There is no reaction to the keyboard in that document
>> whatsoever.
>>

> Is that true even if you click into the document?

Yes, the cursor is not even text-style, but a regular arrow pointer. I
found out that opening a new or another document fixes the problem. Then
, after some more testing I managed to disable the keyboard in LyX
altogether and now I'm thinking it might not be related to LyX but to my
system because I get this error sometimes in some other apps, as well.

> It's hard to know for sure, but it sounds to me as if you might have
> incompatible binaries somewhere. I see this kind of behavior, for
> example, when I upgrade firefox while its running---and after the
> upgrade, it won't work right. I'd make sure, first, that the old version
> of LyX really has been removed from your system, and that there isn't
> anything lying around. Check /usr/share/lyx/, I'd guess, but maybe
> someone on Ubuntu would know better.

Alright, I'll try to remove everything again. Thanks for your suggestions.

Martin