On Wednesday 14 January 2009 01:52:02 pm Dr. Gyorgy Pota wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I had to change to a Linux machine (Fedora 10). When I read a document,
> made in Windows-Lyx,  into the Lyx in Fedora, everything is allright,
> except the (numerous) eps figures. Their sizes are appropriate
> (correspond to those in Windows-Lyx), but the figures themselves cannot
> be seen within their bounding boxes. When I cancel the "Clip to bounding
> box" condition, the figures can be seen in their original A/4
> environment. What happens here? Could you suggest a Lyx setup which
> preserves the eps figures in Fedora 10-Lyx? Or could you suggest another
> Linux distro with a problem-free Lyx installation?
>
> With many thanks
>
> Gyorgy Pota

Hi Gyorgy,

I don't know the answer to your question, and I hope someone else can answer
it, but I'll tell you what I know.

I've had tremendous success putting PDF figures in LyX instead
of .eps, .jpg, .png, .gif and the like. PDF figures are less likely to have
the jaggies and scale better and look better.

If you'd like to experiment with this, just use ps2pdf on a .eps file to make
a .pdf figure, and then use that within LyX. If it turns out better than
your .eps figures as they appeared in Windows LyX's PDF output, then you can
do the rest of the figures. Look discerningly for jaggies (pixelation) on
both acroread, paper, and the LyX environment.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US