I am successfully working with Lyx 1.6.1 and my installation of coco- Aspell on my Mac with OS X 10.5.6. I have not been able to get the spelling checker to ever learn a word. Under "Preferences > Language Settings > Spellchecker" I have an option to add a Personal Dictionary "Other than the default" - since this default doesn't seem to work, how can manually add personal dictionary? What kind of file do I need to create that will show in the dialog box as a selectable file? A simple .txt file (e.g., personaldict.txt) won't work.

Any suggestions would be most welcome - thanks in advance!

-Joachim