Hi Nigel,

Nigel Pegram <ndpeg...@...> writes:

> Iviritex is  installed, as is culmus-latex.

Ivritex is no longer necessary (or compatible) with modern Tex distributions.
What Tex distribution do you use?

If it's a modern one (e.g. at least Texlive-2007 or teTex 3.) I would suggest
you remove Ivritex and reinstall the Tex distribution (including culmus-latex).

If it's an old Tex distribution, culmus-latex might not be compatible with it.

> The error is still the same, asking that the combine option be set.

I took a look in the LyX document you provided as an example.
1. You got to have \usepackage{culmus} in you preamble.
2. \usepackage{hebfont} isn't required.
3. The Hebrew fonts in culmus-latex are HE8 encoded. So you have to add
\fontencoding{HE8} before the Hebrew text
4. You need to specify a nikud enabled font (such as franknikud) using
\fontfamily

In the culmus-latex tarball there is an examples directory with an example
(hiriq) for using nikud. Try to compile in order to see whether the nikud
support is functioning correctly on your system. If not I suggest you contact
the Ivritex mailing list.

I hope I've been of help.

Sincerely,

Guy