Steve Litt wrote:
> Anyone using LyX on FreeBSD? How do you like it?

I tried lyx-1.4.5.1_1 On FreeBSD-7.1 with /usr/ports/print/lyx
I wanted to generate 3 column stuff, asked for help here
        Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:50:35 +0100
        Subject: 3 column 2 page leaflet in lyx - How to achieve it ?
& got zero response.

I consumed a lot of searching, did some failed experiments adding
extra macro files & tex code, got puzzled by the front end, ran out
of time as deadline neared to produce 3 column, & dumped lyx in
favour of using .tex direct, ( a template for 3 column for which
was already under here http://www.berklix.org/bim/leaflet/ )

PS there were also mentions of FreeBSD in my reponse
        Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:19:26 +0100
to Steve of     Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:59:32 -0500 (15:59 CET)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSDUnixLinux C Prog Admin SysEng Consult Munich www.berklix.com