I have also done that. Everything worked fine, before I´ve chosen
biblatex-dw as citation style, the standard-styles work fine. I also
added this line:
 \usepackage[style=authortitle-dw]{biblatex}

and I have disabled this one, with which I worked before trying to use
biblatex-dw:
%\usepackage[natbib=true,bibstyle=authortitle,citestyle=authoryear]
{biblatex}

Then probably LaTeX doesn't find the biblatex-dw files at all. You
should try to compile a LaTeX document with biblatex-dw in order to find
out if your installation is correct.

Dear Dominik, dear listmembers,

thank you for your reply. I´m a beginning Lyx-user and have no idea of Latex. Does compile a LaTex document mean to export it from Lyx as LaTex (normal)? That´s what I did. I then opened the file with TexShop and pushed the button "Setzen" (sorry, don´t know how that one is in english). Texshop did not compile the code, because I use Xetex, which it seems not to understand without configuring.

When I export from Lyx without using XeTex (removed the line in the preamble), then Texshop shows some errors like "no author given" and some more (I couldn´t copy them). Interestingly I here also get the "undefined control sequence".

Best*
Jess