I tried using export to open document today to try and convert a document to a
format that I can produce a powerpoint presentation from it and it went mostly
ok (formatting wasn't really good but I need the wording, not the formatting).
The problem is that equations came out terrible and that is the main part
(words I can copy from the pdf). I think that lyx uses tex4ht for that. Is
there a better way to do this?

I usually use beamer but for this project I need to work for someone using a
given powerpoint template so regrettably it's not an option.

thanks