On 2009-02-07, Manveru wrote:

> I would like to share with you my new method of handling SVG graphics
> from LyX to pdflatex. I've just tested this method and it works pretty
> nice. I had some issues with my early-betas of Inkscape, and this new
> method solved my problem.

> I tried to use Apache Batik, which nicely handles SVG graphics. It has
> problem with conversion to EPS, but for pdflatex PDF format is enough.

As there is a "lossless" PDF->EPS conversion, this should be fine for PS or
PDF (ps2pdf) export too.

> P.S.II. Maybe we should put feature request for EPS handling?

Conversion from PDF to EPS works automatically and "lossless" here with
a definition for

  PDF (ps2pdf) -> EPS

using the converter

  pdftops -eps -f 1 -l 1 $$i $$o

which I added manually some time ago. I am not sure whether this is
"standard behaviour" by now or not.

Günter