From: Les Denham <lden...@hal-pc.org>
Subject: Re: Trouble getting a powerdot output in landscape
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2009, 3:19 PM

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

On Thursday 19 February 2009, Robert Orr wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Has anyone had trouble getting a powerdot doc to create a landscape .pdf?
>
> I just upgraded to 1.6.1 and re-installed everything (miktex, gv, gs,
> jabref,etc) but now my powerdot .lyx files display portrait instead of
> landscape in the .pdf output.  using ps2pdf to generate it.
>
> I'm not sure what could have gone wrong.   Anyone have idea or maybe
> experience with such a problem?

I had something the same happen when I upgraded to 1.6.1, but I can't remember
exactly what the problem was.

Some things to check:

Under Document>Settings>Document Class make sure you
have "display=slidesnotes" (or something similar) in the Class Options

Under Document>Settings>Page Layout select Landscape

Under Document>Settings>Page Format select Letter (Default or A4 will give
portrait PDF file, even if you select Landscape: Default changes the aspect
ratio to fit Portrait, and A4 trims the right side to fit Portrait).

The last one is probably your problem.
--
Les