Dear Experts,
I am not a real LyX User (I prefer LaTeX) but I always suggest LyX to
my students and to everyone wishing to leave the Word-like approach
to writing.
Most of my students use Windows, and it's all right, some Linux, even
better, but a PhD student using a Mac apparently cannot reconfigure
LyX. The LaTeX installation is all right: it produces PDF and DVI
with no problems at all.
Using LyX, even a very simple file, this student cannot produce PDF or
DVI. Checking the configuration boxes it seems to me to be all right;
I made a comparison with LyX on my Ubuntu installation and I cannot
detect any problem, but non even the PDF and DVI icons are shown
(through menu we get an error message saying that there is no
converter). The students is using a Mac Book Air equipped with Mac OS
X version 10.5.6; Lyx version is 1.6.1-Universal. Removing the
programme and installing again was not successful.

Many thanks!
gm

--
Guido Milanese - Professor of Latin Language and Literature
The Catholic University, Milan and Brescia, Italy