I was able to get some of it solved by putting the following in the preamble:
\setlength\fboxsep{0pt} \setlength\fboxrule{1pt}
This fixed the box to be tight around the image and of 1 point thickness.
\setlength\tabcolsep{0pt}
This made the tables tight horizontally.
I was looking for a similar command for the row separation (tabrowsep) - but
my doc would not compile, so I assume that the row separation works
differently.
Does anyone know how to set table row separation? This would be of great
help.
Thanks,
Tal.