On 2009-03-08, neGODnick wrote:

> We have mathtext package to write russian in math mode. By default russian
> letters are upright, but we can say:

> \DeclareSymbolFont{T2Aletters}{T2A}{cmr}{m}{it}

> аnd make them italic (or slanted etc.). That is very important
> possibility, but in LyX it doesn't work!

In LyX, characters in a math box that have no translation to a math
equivalent are inserted as-is via the \lyxmathsym command.

But you can use the text-in-math feature, e.g.:

  1=1\,\mbox{\u044d\u0442\u043e \emph{\u044f\u0441\u043d\u043e} }

If you copy this into LyX, select and press Ctrl-M, it should convert
to the desired result.

> but I don't know, how to resolve this problem. Russian text in formulae LyX
> writes as $\lyxmathsym{«Эптнц»}$.

What is an Эптнц?

Günter