Dear Lyxers,

I'm having  serious problems with the LyX-loaded Babel package. I need to load
it with a few languages to activate some of the language-specific  options.

However, If I put the declaration in the preamble, LyX won't compile because
it has been loaded already in the LyX-generated part of the preamble. If I
take my own declaration off the user preamble, then the language specific
options are no longer available.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? It used to work fine---I mean, I
have been putting the babel declaration in my preamble forever, and never had
any problem. I must have inadvertently clicked on  some LyX option that
prompted  it to add Babel to its preamble, but I cannot find out which.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237