Hi,

I have been using LyX for about 5 years now and was always mystified by the
existence of the two versions of the installer.

I have the 1.6.1 "classical" installed at the moment and in the past I used also
the "alternative" one.

With the 1.6.2 unavailable yet im the classic version:
 - Does it make sense to wait?
 - Will the "alternative" installer remove the 1.6.1 "classic" or co-exist with
it? (I understand I cannot use the updater.)
 - In case I use the alternative installer, will I have to insert all my
preferences, customization, etc. again?

Will appreciate you help on the matter.

AND THANKS A LOT FOR THE GREAT PIECE OF SOFTWARE AND USEFUL WORK ENVIRONMENT.

Reuven