Hello,

I just installed Lyx 1.6.2 and  attempted to import a .tex document but
get the following error:

"LyX: Cannot convert file. An error occurred while running tex2lyx -f
'main.tex' 'main.lyx".

(The error message is my recollection and may not be exact.)

The error message means I'm stuck, having no idea what to do since it
doesn't tell me where the problem is. FWIW, the document I'm attempting
to import complies fine with a raw tex complier does and produces a
correct .pdf. Looking around the web I was surprised to see the same
issue reported by a user back in May of 2007,
http://forum.soft32.com/linux2/Bug-426027-lyx-qt-tex2lyx-latex-conversio
n-ftopict95422.html

Thanks in advance!

Kurt