Garvin Riensche schrieb:

I am wondering how I can create a cover page with lyx for my diploma thesis that fullfeeds my needs. My document class is report so that I can define title, author, date and abstract for the first page. But I need to mention the name of the university, ect. at the cover page. How can I do that with lyx?

This works fine when you are using a koma-script document class. Then you can use in the document settings the document class option "titlepage".
As example you can have a look at my DiplomaThesis I once wrote with LyX:
http://fkurth.de/uwest/usti/Diplom/

regards Uwe