Thanks, Vincent.

>>1. When I first launched Lyx 1.6.2, the view source window
>>was at the bottom of the main Lyx window. I clicked on the
>>button to make it move to its own separate window. Now I'd
>>like the view source window to move back into the main LyX
>>window, but I can't find a way to do that.
>
> It should dock automatically when you move it close to a border of the
> LyX window.

That doesn't work, at least not in my installation on OS X.

> If not, you can double-click on the title bar of the view
> source window.

That works. Excellent.

>>2. The navigator panel pops out to the right by doing something
>>like Navigate -> List of Figures -> Open Navigator...
>
> Hmm, I don't have this option :(..

You probably don't have a document open that has a list of figures.

>>I can't find a way to make the panel go away without closing
>>and re-opening Lyx. Is there an easy way to do this, particularly
>>are there any keyboard shortcuts to make the navigator panel
>>appear and disappear?
>
> I have a little cross in the top-right of the Outline (navigator), and

Nope, no little cross. I understand that Qt on OS X  still needs some
work (as compared to Windows) so they'll be occasional anomalies like
this.

> there is an icon that looks like a book in the toolbar which you can
> press, and you can enter "dialog-toggle toc" in the command buffer
> (View->Toolbars->Command Buffer).

I wasn't seeing that icon because I didn't have my Lyx window open
side enough (so I could see the navigator panel).

> You can assign a shortcut to "dialog-toggle toc" in the Shortcuts
> section of the Preferences dialog. Press "New", enter the function I
> mentioned above, and choose a shortcut.
>

>>Thanks.
>>
>>-- Rich
>
> Vincent