Jason K Howlett wrote:
Hello,

I have a LyX document that includes graphics in the header, i.e., ERT:\lhead{\includegraphics{mypic.eps}}. In LyX 1.6.1 this worked perfectly when producing DVI. I recently upgraded to 1.6.2 (on Windows) and the graphic no longer is displayed in the DVI. I used the LyX mechanism for inserting the graphic in the document body and it shows up fine. When I inspect the generated DVI I see the following differences:

For the file in the header with the manual includegraphics: PSfile=""C:/Documents and Settings/xx/Desktop/mypaper/"/mypic.eps" For the file inserted with the LyX dialog: PSfile="0C__Documents_and_Settings_xx_Desktop_mypaper_mypic.eps"

I understand the issue with DVI and quoted paths and the need to run clean_dvi.py, but I don't understand why this worked fine with 1.6.1 and now doesn't with 1.6.2. If I export Latex code and run pplatex on it manually the results are just fine. In fact, the resulting DVI doesn't have any path information at all. It is just PSfile="mypic.eps".

For comparison, when I use LyX 1.6.1 the DVI has the following:

For the file in the header with the manual includegraphics: PSfile="C:/Documents and Settings/xx/Desktop/mypaper//mypic.eps" For the file inserted with the LyX dialog: PSfile="0C__Documents_and_Settings_xx_Desktop_mypaper_mypic.eps"

The quotes are not around the path. Why has this behavior changed and how can I work around the problem?

This change was an attempt to fix some bug involving quotes around path names, but I can't recall who did it or why, and I'm not on Windows so can't fix it. I'm cross-posting to devel, in the hopes of getting someone's attention.

rh