Thanks for the help. I think I did would you advised. The publishers zip does unfortunately not contain any help. It contains a file document.tex. Applying latex or pdflatex gives a lot of complains on a.o. font sizes but ends up with files that are visually identical to the also provided document.pdf. So that seems to work. However, tex3lyx gives <Could not find layout file for textclass "Rpd">. So there is probably an unsolved install problem. Any idea?

Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2009-04-08, Janwillem van Dijk wrote:

standard article class. I do, however, not see where the files from the
zip file supplied by the publisher must go
(http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/rpd/for_authors/Rpd_TeX.zip).
I copied the file Rpd.cls to a subdir rpd in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex
Did sudo chmod a+r Rpd.cls and sudo mktexlsr which did not complain.
Than as a kind of brute force attempt copied all the other files to both
~/.lyx/layouts and /.lyx/templates.

This seems wrong. As the publisher provides a (La)TeX template, all of this
files should be sorted into the texmf tree. Maybe the zip comes even with an
INSTALL or REAME explaining details?

Then you should try a simple LaTeX example (again, maybe, there is one or a
template in the zip). If this runs, you could start to think about
integration with LyX.

tex2lyx on the file document.tex results in "Could not find layout file
for textclass "Rpd"".

You will find details in the Help>Customization guide ("how to install a new
LaTeX class"). If there are specific problems left, ask again (best by
giving a minimal example).

Günter