Now that I have the logo displaying properly and the slides for the
presentation finished, I need to get the navigation tools in acroread
working.

  I can load the pdf file with no problems, but the control icons along the
bottom, right of the screen are not there. There are faint images of the
page, subsection, section, etc. icons, but I cannot page forward and back.

  There is also no tree of slides along the left side; it's a blank window.

tree on the left and the forward/back controls work as they should.

  What might have happened to this new file that it doesn't work properly?
There are no errors in the log file. I can send that privately if anyone
wants to see it but it's too large to attach to the message.

  Almost there, but not quite.

TIA,

Rich