Daniel R. Pereira wrote:
Hello rh,

I am attaching the whole file now. It is a thesis template, that I want to import to LyX. Any help is appreciated.

You need to import *all* the TeX files and compile it from the ufsampleETD file. It will not be possible to compile the individual chapters, because they do not contain the necessary includes for compilation. They are includes for the main document.

To do the import, you will need a layout file for the ufthesis class. I've attached a trivial modification of the report layout, as ufthesis is based upon report. But you'll probably get a lot of ERT with this, so you may want to modify it to take advantage of ufthesis-specific stuff. Documentation on that is in chapter 6 of the Customization manual.

Put this layout file in your local layout directory and reconfigure LyX before doing anything else. You'll also want to put all the .sty and .cls packages you don't already have into your local TeX tree, so that LyX can find them. I'd guess that means ufenumerate.sty and ufthesis.cls, and maybe a couple more. If you're on Linux or something similar---i.e., if you have bash---then you can use this:
   for i in Latex\ Template/*.sty; do
       j=`basename "$i"`;
       if kpsewhich $j > /dev/null; then
           echo "$j found";
       else echo "$j not found";
       fi;
   done
run from the directory above the Latex Template directory, to find out which you have and which you don't. Otherwise, you'll have to check them by hand.

You use this script:
   for i in *tex; do tex2lyx -c ufthesis $i; done
from an appropriate directory to do all the conversions in one go.

rh

PS Please keep these things on the list, as other people may have similar questions, or be following the discussion just to learn.

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass{ufthesis}
# Report textclass definition file. Taken from initial LyX source code
# Author : Matthias Ettrich <ettr...@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
# Transposed by Pascal André <an...@via.ecp.fr>
# Heavily modifed and enhanced by serveral developers.

Format 11
Input stdclass.inc
Input numreport.inc

Style Bibliography