jezZiFeR wrote:
Hello,

I use Lyx 1.6.2 and want to have a smaller fontsize for the "abstract"-article. How could I achieve that? I´ve tried, just for one instance, to enter ERT: "{\footnotesize\}". But this works just for one instance, and even then Lyx tells me the following:

 \end{abstract}
I've inserted something that you may have forgotten.
(See the <inserted text> above.)
With luck, this will get me unwedged. But if you
really didn't forget anything, try typing `2' now; then
my insertion and my current dilemma will both disappear.

In the compiled text there´s a "}" as the first sign of the text…

You want smaller than 10pt? If so, then I'd suggest you use some other class, because no hack like the one you describe is going to work reliably.

rh