Hi,

I am testing Windows Seven RC - 64 bits. I just installed LyX-163-4-19
AltInstaller Complete and the installation proceeded perfectly installing
everythin in Program (x86) files.

However, when starting LyX for the first time, The dos windows open for a
very short time and LyX started nearly immediately without checking which
class of documents were available.
In fact none of them are available even if they are listed in document
parameters.
I launched "reconfiguration" in the tools but nothing happened.
Oups ! I believe that the AltInstaller is not to be used for a first installation Shall I uninstall and reinstall with the common one or is there a possibility to adjust the think
Any suggestion to go further,

Nevertheless, I proceeded to the same installation on my 1.6.2 on Windows XP Pro SP3 which was installed with the AltInstaller and I have the same problem : No more class of documents available and the 1.6.2 which is still existing is also corrupted the same way

How can I proceed to clean it. I am afraid because I have a lot of documents which cannot be exported to any type of pdf. When I open any document, LyX is telling that the corresponding class is not available. However when I click on the class button, the list of the style command inside the corresponding class are displayed !!!! even the button is keeping the "standard" display.
Also when I click on one style i.e. theorem the fonction is selected . !!

Thanks for your help

Best regards

P.Schwartz