On 07/18/2009 04:43 AM, Maximilian Melcher wrote:
Am 18.07.2009 00:01, schrieb rgheck:
On 07/17/2009 05:46 PM, Maximilian Melcher wrote:
Am 17.07.2009 23:32, schrieb rgheck:
On 07/17/2009 02:57 PM, Maximilian Melcher wrote:
Hello guys,

i have the problem that i cant lyx make my citation look like i want them too. Currently im using dinat (http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=dinat) but it makes my cites look like normal text. I want a cite appear as [cite] and not without braces - any way to do it?

I'm not sure, as I don't read German well enough to read the docs. But there may be some package option you can use for that.

That said, are you sure you are choosing the right cite style when you insert the citation?

rh

Hello rgheck,

thx for your reply - where you read that ? I only see the one to make the TOC bold - no other commands or settings. In lyx i set \bibliographystyle{dinat} and in the settings menu i use natbib with author-year but no options for the braces.

When you insert a citation, toward the bottom of the dialog is a line marked "citation style" (in English, of course), where you can select how you want the citation to appear. See the attached.

Richard

Hello Richard,
when i insert a citation i can choose "[online} id]" and "[#id]". I read on the ctan page that they use \citep and lyx uses at least with my settings just \cite - could that be the diffrence and if so how to change it?

thanks again
Max

You probably need to check Document>Settings>Bibliography, and set it to Natbib, Numerical.

Richard

PS Keep it on list, in case someone else has a similar problem. Then they can find this thread by searching one of the archives.