On 2009-08-16, Marcelo Acuña wrote:

>  I have a work in custom page size and custom margin. I have to try
>  with Us letter and A4 page size and when I selected default margin I
>  have 1,5 o 2 inchs margin. If I give a look to the source I cannot see
>  \usepackage{geometry} with margin set in the preamble.

If you select [x] default for the margins, 'geometry' is not used.

The margin is determinded by the document class based on page size and
eventually type size (10, 11, or 12 points) and global options.

>  These enormous margins are an error or is the awaited thing?

With some document classes, wide margins are the default. This is
because lines with more than 80 characters reduce the readability of
your document.

How do you select the *margin* in the preamble?

Günter