On Thursday 20 August 2009 23:05:20 Ricardo Perrone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2- I am using enumerate environment, but
> it adds a large space between the paragraph and the first item of
> environment. Is there a way to change it to a more appropriated space? I am
> using book.cls template.

Hi Ricardo,

The following comes right out of my layout file, which is based on book.cls:

% ### MyEnumerate: Vertically denser version of Enumerate style ###
\newenvironment{myenumerateL}{%
        ~\\[-1.2\baselineskip]
        \begin{enumerate}%
        \setlength{\parsep}{-2pt}
        \setlength{\parskip}{-2pt}
        \setlength{\partopsep}{-3pt}
        \setstretch{0.7}
}{
        \end{enumerate}
        ~\\[-0.5\baselineskip]
}

The preceding's main effect is to space all list items closer to each other,
but the top "~\\[-1.2\baselineskip]" controls the distance of the list to the
preceding paragraph.

I chose to make a brand new environment, but you could have just as easily
done it in place like this:

\let\oldenumerate\enumerate
\let\oldendenumerate\endenumerate

And then oldenumerate in the begin and end.

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package