Nurul Miah wrote:
Hi,

I have installed the complete package of LYX 1.6.4 with Aspell for
Windows XP. (http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinInstaller)

I am having problems with spellchecking my documents I have created.
I keep getting the error message "The spellechker could not be started.
No word lists can be found for the language "en_GB" "

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Kind Regards,
Hi,

I've had several aspell issues in the past (last was 1.6.0alpha2), but I think they are fixed now. Last time, I seem to remember (well, I cheated, I googled for the archives of that list) that I could solve the issue by using the following installer:
http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/Aspell6/aspelldata-0.60.4-root.exe
and the desired language files, all found at
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib/aspell6-windows/

First try to install the desired language, then if it still fails try the "root" one above.

But first wait to let time for others to reply first. Someone may have a better solution.

Best regards,

Olivier