Could it be that the spellchecking possibility in LyX with Aspell or CocoAspell is a big piss take, at least on Mac-OSX?

I have worked till today without spellchecker in LyX, but I should install one for my convenience.

Now I worked about 8 hours to install and configure (Coco)Aspell for LyX without acceptable result (and fear to have another 2, 3 hours to get rid of it).

First I installed CocoAspell, because in the LyX-wiki page vor Mac
http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Mac?from=LyX.LyXOnMac#toc4
it is said:
"The easiest spellchecker to install is cocoAspell. CocoAspell provides an installation of aspell and a preferences pane for selecting and setting up dictionaries."

I did it. But LyX could not find it. LyX searched for: /opt/local/share/aspell/ngerman
which does not exist. (I want the spellchecker for German)

I installed Aspell with MacPorts. Same result. Only after putting in the path to one of the files de-common.dws or de-DE-only.dws in LyX-preferences | language | spellschecker it "works". But in the way to suggest for each (btw correct) word a sample of words which have nothing to do with the one proofed.

=> Has anyone installed Aspell or CocoAspell under Mac-OSX and has got them working with LyX in a reasonable manner?
Would you please describe how you installed and configured it?

joachim

--
MacTeXLive 2008 - TeXShop 2.18-svn - LyX 1.6.3
MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.11 Tiger (intel)