Hi all,

Can some help me in solving a Lyx problem described in the forwarded email?

Regards,
Tariq Abdullah

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Vincent,

\...@ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%
\PassOptionsToPackage{caption=false}{subfig}}
\usepackage{subfig}
\makeatother
\usepackage{babel}

I get the following 4 errors due to above Lyx inserted code into my tex file:

Error-1:
you can't use \spacefactor in vertical mode
Error-1 Description:
\@

ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%

Sorry, but I'm not programmed to handle this case;

I'll just pretend that you didn't ask for it.

If you're in the wrong mode, you might be able to

return to the right one by typing `I}' or `I$' or `I\par'.

Error-2:
Missing $ inserted
Error-2 Description:
\@

ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%

I've inserted a begin-math/end-math symbol since I think

you left one out. Proceed, with fingers crossed.

Error-3:
Latex error: Missing \begin{document}.

Error-3 Description:
\@

ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%

You're in trouble here. Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

Error-4:
Missing $ inserted
Error-4 Description:

I've inserted a begin-math/end-math symbol since I think

you left one out. Proceed, with fingers crossed.

When I comment the tex code, as shown in the following lines, in WinEdt, my file is compiled and I obtain the correct PDF file

%...@ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%
% \PassOptionsToPackage{caption=false}{subfig}}
\usepackage{subfig}
%\makeatother
\usepackage{babel}

Regards,
Tariq Abdullah

Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
Lyx inserts the following tex code when using the subfig package.
The code prompts Lyx to generate an error and I can't create the DVI-->PDF file from Lyx.

\...@ifundefined{showcaptionsetup}{}{%

\PassOptionsToPackage{caption=false}{subfig}}

\usepackage{subfig}

\makeatother

\usepackage{babel}

Does anybody know how to solve this error OR how to
restrict Lyx to not insert this piece of tex code?

This line is added to guard against a user that has manually included
the caption package in the preamble.

What's the error then ? It shouldn't give an error.

Vincent

--- End Message ---